Friday, April 15, 2016

Get to know... Cheryl Paynter of Franklin Hill Vineyards


1. Which winery do you work for and how long have you worked there?

I've been coming to Franklin Hill since high school, although at that time it had nothing to do with wine and was to visit my friend Adam. I've been lucky enough to work at FHV full time for about seven years.

2. What is your favorite wine that your winery makes, and why? What do you like to pair it with?

When I first started to drink wine Catawba was my favorite. But these days our Seyval Blanc is just beautiful. I enjoy a glass with a ton of vegetarian dishes that I like to prepare. It also pairs perfectly with a book and a blanket at the end of a long day.

3.  What is the most popular question you get asked by visitors about Lehigh Valley wine or wineries, and how do you answer it?

The most common question I get asked about the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail is which winery is my favorite and I tell them, well FHV of course! But they're all amazing and have their own way of standing out.

4. What do you like most about local, Lehigh Valley wine and wineries?

Lehigh Valley wineries work together yet maintain their individuality. We create wines using the same grapes but each one is unique from one another. For example each one of us has a Chambourcin wine, but boy are they different! It's amazing and interesting for our customers.

5. What is the one piece of advice you offer to wine lovers traveling along the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail?

If you're traveling the wine trail my first piece of advice is to please have designated drivers. Our wineries are quite far apart and some are on remote, back roads. Before anything is the safety of our customers.

Second would be to come early. We at FHV get very busy during the afternoon so the closer to opening time you can arrange your visit, the better. We love what we do and we love to show it off, so if you come early, we can almost always guarantee we'll be able to show you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment