Amore Vineyards and Winery in Nazareth for more than six years. The vineyards are located on more than five acres. A beautiful tasting room offering a little bit of Italy in the Lehigh Valley is featured in a charming 200-year-old barn.
2. What is your favorite wine that your winery makes, and why? What do you like to pair it with?
I have several favorites:
- Vidal – dry, crisp with a smooth finish, pair with cheese
- Riesling – refreshing with lasting finish, pair with chicken or fish
- Red Rapture – simply delicious – versatile – enjoy by itself, with cheese, pasta, red meat
- Blackberry Bliss – flavorful fruit wine great with dark chocolate
- Rapport – enjoy after dinner also with dark chocolate
3. What is the most popular questions you get asked by visitors about Lehigh Valley wine or wineries, and how do you answer it?
- Do you grow all your own grapes? - Yes, we grow all our grapes in our mineral-rich soil located in a narrow limestone belt of the Lehigh Valley. Our soil's rich array of minerals adds a unique complexity to our wine.
- How many wineries participate in Lehigh Valley Wine Trail? - We have nine participating wineries and we offer customers copies of the wine trail brochure to take along home with them.
- Why do Chambourcin wines taste different in other wineries? - It's due to the soil and how the wine is processed.
- Do we refer to other wineries and do all wineries participate in special events? - Yes, we offer directions to other wineries since each winery offers their own specialty wines, and again we offer them the wine trail brochure which describes the annual special events.
4. What do you like most about local Lehigh Valley wine and wineries?
Wineries offer convenience, variety, and the ability to taste prior to purchase which you don't get in a state liquor store.
5. What is the one piece of advice you offer to wine lovers traveling along the Wine Trail?
I encourage them to visit all participating wineries, drink responsibly, and take their time while enjoying their tastings. For a great wine tasting experience, try to attend special events where food pairings are available and some wineries offer entertainment as well.