In the Vineyard:
The last month has been a whirlwind! The vineyard did sustain some damage from Irene but it could have been much worse. The wind knocked down five rows and snapped a few of the anchors at the end of the rows. Luckily the fruit was not damaged. We were able to get the rows propped up, the anchors back in place and we are back in business. We will do a complete fix in the late winter, after we prune, when the vines are not so heavy.
Harvest has begun and the fruit that is coming in looks great. Looking forward to another exciting vintage!
Recent Awards - Indy International Wine Competition:
- 2010 Chardonnay - Double Gold
- 2010 Chambourcin - Silver
- 2010 Cabernet Franc - Silver
- 2010 Cherry DiVyne - Bronze
- Wine of the Month - Blueberry, 10% off
- Three Pack of the Month - Double Gold Special - 3 Chardonnay for $30
- September 17 - Live Music in the Vyneskeller, Connie Edinger, 1- 4:30 p.m.
- September 24 - Live Music in the Vyneskeller, Arianne, 1 - 4:30 p.m.
- September 25 - Taste of the Lehigh Valley, Melt Restaurant in the Promenade Shops. The freshest local ingredients. The finest local chefs. The most imaginative cuisine. Tickets for 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.: $30 in advance/$35 at the door. VIP hour from noon - 1 p.m.: VIP tickets $60 (limited to 150). Tickets available for purchase at the winery or online at www.BuyLocalGreaterLehighValley.org.
- October 1 - Live Music in the Vyneskeller, Jake Kaligis, 1 - 4:30 p.m.