Thursday, May 26, 2016
Get to know... Becky at Tolino Vineyards
1. Which winery do you work for and how long have you worked there?
I have worked at Tolino Vineyards since 2012. I began working in the vineyard as a summer job and have worked in the tasting room for the past two years.
2. What is your favorite wine that your winery makes and why? What do you like to pair it with?
My favorite wine is the 2014 Lilly, which is a blend of our sweeter Vidal Blanc and drier Pinot Grigio. It is a light and refreshing wine which pairs perfectly with a variety of seafood.
3. What is the most popular question you get asked by visitors about Lehigh Valley wine or wineries, and how do you answer it?
Customers commonly ask whether we grow our own grapes or add anything to our wines. Many customers read the description of the wines and assume that the notes are what we add to our wine. I explain that we grow our own grapes and that the notes describe the natural flavor of the grapes used to make that particular wine, which is weather dependent.
4. What do you like most about local, Lehigh Valley wine and wineries?
The wineries are family oriented, which makes customers feel like family when they visit. Following the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail is also a great way to support local agriculture and as consumers, you know where your grapes are being grown to product the wine you are bringing home to share with your loved ones.
5. What is the one piece of advice you offer to wine lovers traveling along the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail?
Each winery offers a unique variety of wines, so it is important to have an open mind when wine tasting since you never know what you might enjoy.