In just over a month we'll be hosting our next Lehigh Valley Wine Trail event, the 9th Annual Wine on the Mountain at Penn's Peak in nearby Jim Thorpe. If you've never been to this venue then you definitely have to check it out. It's location atop a mountainside offers panoramic views of the Poconos and Beltzville Lake from its large deck. And since the event takes place indoors in air conditioned comfort, it doesn't matter if the weather is hot, humid or even raining outside!
The wine festival on Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29, from noon – 5 p.m. both days includes wine samplings and sales from Lehigh Valley wineries, local artisans selling their arts and crafts, and light fare available for purchase. Live musical entertainment will be performed by Billy Bauer on Saturday and by the Jake Kaligis Dynamic Duo on Sunday.
Tickets are required for this event and are now on sale at Lehigh Valley Wine Trail member wineries and at the Penn’s Peak box office. They are $14 in advance or $16 at the door the weekend of the event. Admission includes a commemorative tasting glass. Penn’s Peak is located at 325 Maury Rd., Jim Thorpe, Pa. 18229 www.pennspeak.com Wine on the Mountain is an adults-only event. Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend.
This year’s artisans include:
• Country Glo Soy Candles - Soy container candles & accessories
• Top Shelf Specialties - Wine-themed gifts and wine accessories
• Princess and the Peony- Wine bottle hurricane lanterns and wind chimes that can be personalized for any occasion
• JD Gourmet - Balsamic vinegar & olive oil blends
• Larona Jewelry & Gifts - Crafted jewelry and art umbrellas
• Randi’s Gourmet - Kitchen cutlery, salad dressings, BBQ & hot sauces
• Watermark Glass - Original designs etched/carved into wine glasses, glassware and vessels (vases/bowls) using a sandblast process