Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Final thoughts on LVWT's first A.V.A Weekend Celebration

This post was written by guest blogger Kari Skrip, co-owner of Clover Hill Vineyards and Winery in Breinigsville and features her thoughts on the Wine Trails' recent A.V.A. Weekend.

The Lehigh Valley Wine Trail was thrilled to celebrate our Lehigh Valley AVA in the end of April.  At the end of the day, after I finished work, I was sipping my glass of Pinot Grigio overlooking the vineyard thinking just how luck I am.  These grapes have given me so many opportunities and things to be thankful for.  To name a few…

Over the years I have learned intimately about the land and developed a real respect for farming.  The Lehigh Valley vineyards and wineries are doing wonderful things to preserve open spaces and maintain a local farming community.  In a global food world, I am most proud to be making a local product that is unique and specific to the Lehigh Valley.  We like to think of wine as a food. 

Our vineyards have also given me the opportunity to work with my family (which most days that is a wonderful thing) and my friends who own the other Lehigh Valley Wineries.  Like all of the nine wineries on the trail, Clover Hill is family owned and operated, and it is a pleasure to work with my mom, dad and brother everyday.  I value and appreciate all of the wine trail wineries, almost as if the wine trail is an extension of family.  It is exciting to see first and second generations working in the vineyards and wineries.  It is a joy witnessing the success and growth of the Lehigh Valley wineries and the acceptance of Lehigh Valley wines in our community. 

Lastly, these vineyards have given me wine!  In my opinion, a glass of wine is the best way to end your day!

Thank you for supporting the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail and choosing to drink wines grown within our precious Lehigh Valley AVA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment