This post was written by guest blogger Sarah Troxell, co-owner of Galen Glen Vineyard & Winery in Andreas.
Every other month, I gather up the girls and head out for a night of gabbing, gossiping and good old fashioned giggling. Typically, we schedule our evening out early in the week, when restaurants are less busy and more inviting for small groups.
While we’ve tried various dining establishments with everything from belly dancing to hibachi, it’s the BYOBs that keep luring us back. Not only does BYOB make for a less expensive check, but it also allows everyone to bring a bottle of their newest find.
My gal pals come from all over the Lehigh Valley and often tote along bottles from their neighborhood winery. I like to bring our Vin Gris, it’s a crispy rosé blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Chambourcin and a splash in everyone’s glass starts the fun!
Here’s where we might be spotted next:
- The Mediterranean Café – Best gyros and arnabit (unusual fried cauliflower)
- Liu’s House – I now have Pad Thai cravings
- Paese Mio – Fried flounder that tasted like I was in NJ
- Cactus Blue – Rowdy spicy fun with a great waiter
- Antelao’s – Delaware Water Gap, far but worth the trip