The Lehigh Valley Wine Trail’s annual wine festival, Wine on the Mountain, returns to Penn’s Peak in Jim Thorpe for its 13th year on Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24 from noon to 5 p.m. both days.
Wine on the Mountain features wine tastings and sales by the glass, bottle, and case from eight Lehigh Valley wineries, and light fare available for purchase from Roadies Restaurant. There is also live musical entertainment with Robert Michaels performing on Saturday and Kato performing on Sunday. The well-known venue offers panoramic views of Beltzville Lake and the surrounding Appalachian mountainside from its large open-air deck.
Local artisans will be displaying their wine-related arts and crafts in booths on the balcony of Penn’s Peak. This year’s artisans include:
· Crystal Glass Designs – hand-painted wine and beer glasses
· Anastasia Smith Art – hand-painted wine glasses
· Serving Stone Creations – granite serving stones
· JD Gourmet – oil, vinegar and gourmet pasta
· Stray Dog Candles – wine bottle candles
· Larona Jewelry – hand-crafted jewelry
· Infinity Baskets & Gifts – hand-painted glasses and lights from recycled bottles, gift baskets
· Reppert’s Country Glo Candles – hand-made scented soy candles
· Rustic Country Wood Art – bowls and wine accessories
· Top Shelf Specialties – touchstone crystal jewelry and wine t-shirts
Advance tickets are $25 on Saturday and $20 on Sunday. Tickets at-the-door the weekend of the event arehttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/wine-on-the-mountain-by-the-lehigh-valley-wine-trail-tickets-25609026287 Admission includes a commemorative logoed wine glass. Designated driver tickets are $8 each and will be sold at-the-door only the weekend of the event.
Wine on the Mountain is an adults-only event and attendees must be 21 years of age or older. It is a rain-or-shine event since it is held inside Penn’s Peak in air-conditioned comfort. For driving directions to Penn’s Peak, visit their web site – www.pennspeak.com.
The Lehigh Valley Wine Trail is a nonprofit organization of wineries whose mission is to promote agri-tourism and to create a premiere wine destination and grape growing region while promoting Pennsylvania wines from the region.
Member wineries attending the event include:
- Amoré Vineyards & Winery, Nazareth
- Blue Mountain Vineyards, New Tripoli
- Clover Hill Vineyards & Winery, Breinigsville
- Franklin Hill Vineyards, Bangor
- Galen Glen Vineyard & Winery, Andreas
- Pinnacle Ridge, Kutztown
- Tolino Vineyards, Bangor
- Vynecrest Winery, Breinigsville
For more information on the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail, visit the organization’s web site www.LehighValleyWineTrail.com.