It is that time of year again: July 18-21 mention this blog post and get 25% off the purchase of 12 or more bottles.
For customers who can't make it to the winery, we are offering free shipping on six or more bottles during the same time period. No discount code needed at checkout, you just need to have six or more bottles in your cart. (This discount applies to online orders only; phone-in orders will be subject to normal shipping prices.)
2012 Cabernet Franc
* Wine of the Month - Sparkling Vidal - additional 10% off
* 3 Pack of the Month - DiVyne Red or Niagara, any combination $25
*available at winery only
- July 6 - Vynecrest Winery will be conducting a wine tasting at Evergreen German Club in Fleetwood at 7 pm. Open to the public, $10 per person, includes six wine tastings accompanied by cheese and meat, and one glass of wine. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
- July 11, 18 and 25 - Macungie Farmer's Market, Memorial Park, 4 - 7 pm
- July 27 and 28 - Wine on the Mountain, Penn's Peak - Lehigh Valley Wine Trail's annual wine festival. Tickets in advance (sold at the winery and on line at www.lehighvalleywinetrail.com) $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Noon to 5 pm both days. Air conditioned venue, live music, local artisans and vendors. All eight Lehigh Valley Wine Trail wineries will be there!
- July 29
- Jazz Sunday - Live Jazz music in the Vyneskeller, 1- 4 pm
- Vineyard and Winery Tour with the winemaker, 1 pm, $5 per person
- August 1 and 8 - Macungie Farmer's Market, Memorial Park, 4 - 7 pm
No Farms, No Wine
As a kid coming back from the Jersey shore, stopping at a farm stand on the way home was part of the vacation experience, almost like picking up souvenirs - tomatoes, corn, peaches, etc.
In the past 20 years, in the name of progress, we seem determined to pave over and develop every acre of farmland. However, the farm-to-table movement has now become popular and small truck farmers gather in local farmers' markets to sell their produce.
For the past five seasons, we have been fortunate to be a part of this groundswell at the Macungie Farmers Market every Thursday from 4-7 pm in the Macungie Memorial Park. It's a terrific group of farmers and vendors, all offering local foodstuffs - from freshly picked vegetables and fruit in season, to quiches, cupcakes, baked beans, and of course wine!
Buy Fresh Buy Local Greater Lehigh Valley is a grass roots country-wide organization promoting local farm products. It promotes various farmers markets in the Lehigh Valley, as does the PA Preferred program. When our family goes to Maine in the fall, we always visit the local Brunswick Farmers Market on Tuesdays and Fridays, but unfortunately they don't have wine.
Come out and support these local markets, and bring home souvenirs from your staycation this summer. Believe me, you and your family will benefit by eating these wonderful, fresh, local products. Now that's progress!