All of the buds are out and we have escaped some close calls with the recent frosty nights. It looks like Mother Nature is actually cooperating with us for once and providing some much needed water for our new plantings. We recently planted another two acres of vines including Pinot Grigio, Riesling and Chambourcin. It will be three more years until we can harvest fruit from these newly planted vines.
Great wine, green on the vines and great music in the Vyneskeller. It doesn't get much better than that. This is a great time of year to visit Vynecrest. As always, we have live music in the Vyneskeller every Saturday from 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. We also have festivals coming up at Longwood Gardens & Split Rock.
Wine of the Month - Vynecrest White - additional 10% off
Three Pack of the Month - three bottles of First Blush for $25
(offers valid at winery only; three-pack of the month cannot be combined with other discounts.)
- May 26 - Live music in the Vyneskeller, Brian Xander, 1:30-4:30 pm
- May 27 - Jazz Sunday: Live jazz music in the Vyneskeller with Andy & Dan, 12:30-3:30 pm
- June 2 - Live music in the Vyneskeller, Connie Edinger, 1:30-4:30 pm
- June 2 - Longwood Gardens Wine & Jazz Festival - Start your summer on the right note. Savor fine wines and sample fresh, local fare as you enjoy the sights and sounds of live jazz in our Gardens. Saturday only. Noon to 5:30 pm.
- June 9 - Live music in the Vyneskeller, Rob & Marty, 1:30-4:30 pm
- June 16 - Live music in the Vyneskeller, Arriane, 1:30-4:30 pm
- June 16 & 17 - Split Rock Wine & Food Festival, Noon - 6 pm both days. The two-day outdoor festival, held at Split Rock Resort is located in beautiful Lake Harmony and will feature continuous musical entertainment on three separate stages, 36 of Pennsylvania’s finest wineries, beautiful crafts of all kinds and a wide selection of food vendors. Educational seminars will also be held during the festival. Be sure to check them out and learn something new about wine. Each adult attendee will receive a commemorative wine-tasting glass. You must be over age 21 to participate in the tastings.