Did you receive it in your inbox today? If not, then sign up for it here.
New Releases - The 2009 Pinot Noir and Riesling where released this week.
In the Vineyard - Lemberger 6/24/10
2010 continues to be a great year in the vineyard. The weather seems to be cooperating this year...so far.
Currently, we are pulling some leaves from around the grape clusters. This exposes the clusters to sunlight and increases the airflow around the grapes. Next, we will go through and remove some of the grape clusters. This will allow the remaining clusters to ripen properly. We will also hedge the top of the vines that have grown a little too much.
Competition Results - The results for the 2010 San Francisco International Wine Competition are in and Vynecrest received three medals:
- 2009 Chardonnay - Silver Medal
- 2009 Dry Riesling - Silver Medal
- 2008 Chambourcin - Bronze Medal
- June Wine of the Month: Riesling (10% off)
- June Three Pack of the Month: 3 Autumn Gold for $25
- July Wine of the Month: Late Harvest Vidal (10% off)
- July Three Pack of the Month: All American Three Pack - Any combination of Niagara or DiVyne Red for $25
- Cab Frye's Restaurant - Palm, PA
- Spectators Bar & Grill - Kutztown, PA
- Macungie Farmers Market - Macungie Memorial Park, every Thursday, June through October from 4pm to 7pm.
- June 26 - Music in the Vyneskeller with Rob & Marty
- July 10 & 11 - Christmas in July - 25% off a case or more. This special is usually only offered once at the end of the year. Come out and enjoy music both Saturday and Sunday (Art on Saturday; Arianne on Sunday). After enjoying an afternoon of live music, come upstairs and take advantage of the 25% discount off a case or more.
- July 17 - Music in the Vyneskeller with Rob & Marty
- July 24 & 25 - Wine on the Mountain - The 9 wineries of the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail will again be holding their annual festival at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe. This event will include wine tastings, local artisans displaying their arts and crafts, light fare available for purchase, and live entertainment. Tickets are required for this event and can be purchased in advance at each winery for $10 or at door for $12. This wine festival is inside will be held rain or shine!
Open 7 days a week. 11 am - 5 pm. Vynecrest will be open July 4 from 10 am - 2 pm.